To receive an estimate for a procedure, please call to speak with one of our specialty nurses. We are often able to give an accurate estimate over the phone; however, in some complex cases, we may or may not be able to provide an accurate estimate prior to a physical examination and/or diagnostics.
If you are comparing our services and costs to other specialty care services, please be sure to consider the following:
- If anesthesia is required, what level of monitoring is available? We offer the highest level of anesthesia monitoring.
- What kind of technology is available? We use state of the art equipment and instrumentation for the most current and up to date procedures and techniques.
- Is 24-hour care available? Our facility offers 24-hour care, seven days a week. There is always a doctor and nurse on the premises, and a nurse is always within ten feet of your pet to provide immediate care, if necessary.
- Are pain levels monitored and treated? We offer aggressive pain management during applicable procedures. Patients are closely monitored and assessed for pain and then treated with one or more of the following methods when necessary: epidural, local anesthetic block, intravenous pain medications.
- Are the most qualified doctors caring for my pet? Only the most qualified specialists will be treating your pet at AVSEC. You can rest assured that your pet is in the best hands while under our care.
At the time of drop-off, you will be asked to sign a consent form for the procedure or surgery. A deposit of the low end of the estimate is due for all procedures and hospitalization. Full payment is due at the time of pick-up. Alpenglow Veterinary Specialty + Emergency Center does not offer payment plans, but we do accept Care Credit, all major credit cards (Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX), and cash. With the exception of our cardiology service, we do not accept checks.
Emergency Services Payment Policies
In the case of an emergency, upon arrival to the clinic, your pet will be assessed for injuries first by a nurse and then by a doctor.
An emergency nurse will provide an estimate, which will include a low end and a high end for cost of services. Before moving forward with treatment, a deposit equal to the amount of the low end of the estimate must be made. Upon pick-up, the remaining balance, if any, is due.
We understand that caring for your pet can be financially difficult. For those clients in need of assistance, we accept CareCredit, including a plan for 0% interest for 6 months. CareCredit works just like a credit card to make it easier for you to care for your pet. Learn more or apply at www.carecredit.com. You can also apply and receive an instant credit decision at the AVSEC clinic at 3640 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301.